Dead Ink is a hardcore souls-like based on a unique 3D-printing core mechanic. It is set in top-down view of a vertiginous hand-crafted tower with uncompromising and punishing combat. No procedural generation, every room, item and enemy placement is made deliberately. Start your run by choosing a loadout and sending it as a print job to a destination printer. Each printer has a limited amount of ink which can be restocked by harvesting it from fallen enemies. Think of it like a souls game, but where bonfires are 3D printers and souls are ink. However, running out of ink will result in a game over and starting from scratch.
Dead Ink is currently under development by a solo developer using a custom in-house engine. This means that every aspect of the game - from the core animation, sound, lighting and gameplay - are designed by hand for an entirely custom look and feel. The first release is planned for PC through the Steam store.
- A hardcore, punishing souls-like with a unique 3D-printing core mechanic
- Unravel a twisted, nonlinear, hand-crafted vertical environment
- Anticipated 6-10 hour play time with a variety of weapons, enemies and bosses
- Harvest ink from enemies and use it to print yourself, weapons and items
- Choose how to spend your ink — on better gear, making more attempts, or on blueprint upgrades
- Running out of ink is game over
Announcement Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Dead Ink. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
About Offwidth Games
- Solo developer.
- More information
- More information on Offwidth Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.